No matter where these bronco-sized oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are eaten—out-on-the-range, on the playground or in the house—your big and little cowpokes will love them!
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease cookie sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together shortening with brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Spoon extra large balls of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake until brown and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on sheet before removing. When firm, remove and place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.