Pistachio White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
A hands down favorite, these cookies will keep them coming back for more.
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each baking soda, baking powder and salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups natural California pistachios, coarsely chopped - divided use
1 (10-ounce) package white chocolate chunks*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Process oats in blender or food processor, leaving some texture.
- Gradually add flour mixture and chopped oats to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in 1 cup pistachios and white chocolate chips.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto greased baking sheets, allowing for spreading. Press remaining pistachios on top of cookie dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly on sheet to set up.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
*1 (12-ounce) package of white chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips may be substituted for the white chocolate chunks.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the California Pistachio Board.