Quaker Double Chocolate Cookies
A perfect combination of chocolate and oatmeal in one terrific cookie.
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate, egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and remaining morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.