A winter holiday favorite, these cookies are reminiscent of Russian and Mexican wedding tea cakes.
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for rolling
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream butter in a medium bowl. Add evaporated milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a small bowl, sift together flour and powdered sugar and salt. Stir into creamed mixture until well combined. Add pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 24 cookies.