Sweet Potato Biscotti
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unpeeled coarsely grated sweet potato (1 large, about 8 ounces)
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, beat together sugar and butter. Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, orange zest and salt. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Fold in sweet potato, walnuts, and coconut.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. With oiled hands, shape each piece into a log about 2x11-inches.Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and golden, 25 to 30 minutes Transfer to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes
- Trim thin slice from ends of logs. Cut logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices on 2 ungreased baking sheets with cut side down.
- Bake 12 minutes Turn and bake until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 48 biscotti; 24 (2 biscotti) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe; 2 biscotti): Calories: 116; Total Fat: 4g; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 6g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.