Swirled Surprise Cookies
You will be pleasantly surprised when you taste this delicious cookie.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® SWIRLED™ Milk Chocolate & Caramel Morsels - divided use
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. If dough balls become warm, refrigerate until firm.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until sides are set. Press 1/2-inch deep and quarter-size wide pockets into centers of cookies with back of small spoon. Fill pockets with remaining morsels while cookies are still warm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place milk chocolate morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead to mix. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54 of recipe): Calories: 100 Calories from Fat: 40 Total Fat: 4.5 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 70 mg Carbohydrates: 14 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.