Triple Chocolate Molten Mint Cookies
With its intense chocolate flavor and 'under-baked' brownie-like texture this cookie will quickly become a favorite for the holidays or anytime of the year.
This outstanding cookie, created by Lindsay Weiss, was the winner of the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday Cookie Contest. All the judges loved this cookie and gave it a near perfect score.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into slices
8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, finely chopped
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups superfine granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups (one 12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a double-boiler (or stainless bowl set over – but not touching – simmering water). Once butter is melted, add dark and unsweetened baking bars and stir until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from heat and let cool slightly.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a medium bowl and set aside briefly.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high and gradually add sugar, then vanilla extract. Continue beating until the eggs are very thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and beat in the cooled chocolate, making sure it is completely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the semi-sweet and dark chocolate & mint morsels by hand.
- Scoop dough using a 2-inch ice cream scoop onto the prepared baking sheets, placing the dough about 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until the cookies are just set (centers may still seem underdone but will firm up upon cooling). Do not overbake. Let cool right on the baking sheets.
Makes 20 cookies.
Tip: To get the full "molten" effect, serve these cookies warm.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.