Sugary-topped, crispy cookies coated in cinnamon and ground pecans.
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large egg yolks, unbeaten
1 cup finely ground pecans
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar, mixing well. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Chill dough for 3 to 4 hours.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Combine pecans and cinnamon and roll balls in mixture.
- Place on a lightly greased or non-stick baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Press down with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.