Yummy Bunny Cookie
This giant bunny cookie will win the hearts of the little bunnies at your house! Use gumdrops, hard candies, licorice, or other favorite treats to make the facial features. Don't use hard candies if children under 3 will be nibbling at this bunny.
1 (18-ounce) roll refrigerator sugar cookie dough
2/3 cup canned strawberry or cherry frosting
2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Cut the cookie roll crosswise into thirds. On the bottom half of a large baking sheet pat 1 portion into a 6-inch circle to form the bunny's head.
- Position the remaining 2 portions of dough atop head, and pat into 8-inch-long bunny ears.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer to a serving plate or wire rack. Cool about 30 minutes before decorating. Spread frosting over bunny to about 1 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Use candies to decorate as desired. After serving, store any leftover cookie, covered, at room temperature.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.