This elegant layered dessert has a layer of ladyfingers laced with Amaretto, a layer of Amaretto-flavored cream cheese, a layer of strawberries, all topped with whipped cream.
1 package ladyfinger cookies
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur - divided use
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pastuerized egg product
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
3 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In the bottom of a large glass serving bowl, place 1 layer of ladyfinger cookies, filling in any holes with broken cookies. Sprinkle with half of the Amaretto liqueur.
- Combine cream cheese, egg product, sugar and remaining half of amaretto liqueur; mix until smooth. Pour over ladyfinger cookies.
- Arrange strawberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Beat cream with powdered sugar until fluffy and spoon on strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.