Apple Spice Trifle
This is a great dessert for a Fall buffet dinner.
1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
1 large eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped pples
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup apple juice
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat spice cake mix and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer according to package directions. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 25 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave oven at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, cinnamon, and apple juice in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in escalloped apples until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut cake into 4 1/2 x 1/2-inch slices. Place one-fourth of cake in a 4 quart trifle dish or bowl; top with 1 3/4 cups apple mixture. Repeat layers, ending with apple mixture. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.