Apricot Meringue Tart
This simple apricot meringue tart is not just luscious, it's low-fat, too!
1 large egg white
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 (16-ounce) can apricots in syrup
1 large egg yolk, beaten
2 tablespoons chopped almonds
1/4 cup Apricot KERNS® from LIBBY'S Refrigerated All Nectar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, whip 1 egg white with 1/8 teaspoon salt until soft peaks form. Add 1 teaspoon almond extract and continue beating until stiff. Spread evenly into a greased pie pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse and drain apricots in syrup and arrange 8 halves, cut side down, on the meringue. Brush the apricots with 1 beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with 2 tablespoon chopped almonds. Bake 20 minutes longer.
- Mash the remaining apricot halves and combine with 1/4 cup apricot nectar, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg in a small saucepan; cook stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Pour the glaze evenly over the tart and chill 1 hour before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.