Autumn Pumpkin Soufflé
Pumpkin soufflé—the perfect autumn soufflé, light and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Cooking spray or butter
6 large eggs, separated
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Crushed ginger snaps (optional)
- Spray 4 (8-ounce) soufflé dishes. Dust with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Thoroughly fold in pumpkin and spice. Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten whites. Spoon into prepared dishes.
- Place cups in baking pan. Fill pan with very hot water to within 1/2-inch of top of dishes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until puffy and delicately browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Egg Board.