Blackberry Grape Crisp
A delicious fruit crisp made with juicy seedless black grapes and blackberries with a crunchy oat crumb topping.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 cups California seedless black grapes, separated and rinsed
3 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream for accompaniment, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°F).
- In electric mixer combine crumb topping ingredients and mix until crumbly about 3 to 5 minutes. You should see pea-sized pieces. Do not over-mix or mixture will become a solid mass. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch until well mixed.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine grapes and blackberries. Sprinkle sugar and cornstarch over fruit and toss to coat. Place into 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle crumb topping over fruit, coating evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbling around edges.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Tip: This can also be baked in individual ramekins for a more elegant presentation. Bake time will be shortened to 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.