Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Your whole family will enjoy this delicious, buttery butterscotch bread pudding.
4 cups 1/2-inch cubes white bread
1 quart half-and-half cream
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
6 large eggs
Vanilla ice cream as an accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish and spread bread cubes evenly in dish.
- In a small saucepan heat half-and-half, butter, salt, and vanilla over medium heat until hot.
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, eggs. Slowly add half-and-half mixture while whisking.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and bake pudding in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm with ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.