Caramel-Apple Cobbler with
Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream
Lattice-topped apple cobbler served with pastry crisps and an easy, homemade toasted pecan-bourbon ice cream.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
12 large Granny Smith or Pippen apples, peeled and sliced
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream:
2 pints premium vanilla ice cream, softened
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 cup bourbon
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apple, sugar, and lemon juice; cook, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until apple is caramel colored. Spoon into a shallow, greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Roll each pie crust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under. Place remaining strips on a baking sheet.
- Bake remaining strips at 425°F (220°C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to serve with cobbler.
- Bake cobbler at 425°F (220°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve warm with pastry strips and Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream.
- For Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream: Stir together all ingredients; freeze 4 hours. Makes 2 pints.
Makes 8 servings.