Cheese Tart Cherry Blackberry Sauce
A great dessert for holiday parties.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup slivered almonds, blanched and toasted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick butter), cut into pieces
3 tablespoons cold water
1 (27-ounce) jar CROSSE & BLACKWELL Cherry Blackberry Pie Filling, puréed - divided use
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 (2-ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- For Crust: Combine flour, nuts and sugar in food processor; cover. Process until nuts are finely ground. Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water; process just until mixture holds together. Shape dough into ball; roll out on lightly floured surface to form 12-inch circle.
- Place pastry in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Fold in excess pastry to make a double-thick side. Prick bottom of pastry with fork. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Place on wire rack; brush crust with 1/3 cup pie filling. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs until smooth. Spread evenly over pie filling. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool slightly on wire rack; sprinkle with chocolate. Chill for 2 to 4 hours. Remove side of pan; slice tart into wedges.
- Drizzle with remaining pie filling.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.