Miniature pastry tarts filled with lemon-scented custard and topped with cherry jam.
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons cherry jam
Pastry for (9-inch) double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take the pie shell dough and roll into 12 even balls. Press the pie shell balls into the bottom and sides of greased muffin tins.
- For the filling, stir together yogurt, eggs, sugar, melted butter, milk, cornmeal, grated lemon peel, and lemon juice. Spoon the filling evenly, about 2 teaspoons each, into the shells.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool.
- Before serving, divide cherry jam, about each, on top.
Makes 12 tarts.