Chocolate Cookie Torte
A crumb crust made with chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, a layer of cookies and cream ice cream sprinkled with salted peanuts and topped with a homemade chocolate fudge sauce.
1 (16-ounce) package chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 gallon cookies-and-cream-flavored ice cream, softened
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir until well-combined. Press onto bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Spoon ice cream over crumb layer; gently spread ice cream to form an even layer. Sprinkle with peanuts; freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, combine the chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and evaporated milk; cook and stir until mixture is boiling. Cook and stir about 8 minutes more (mixture should boil gently over entire surface). Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the frozen mixture; return to freezer. Freeze several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.