Chocolate Decadence with Sweet Cream
The name says it all—every forkful of this rich chocolate cake will melt in your mouth.
2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 9-inch-round baking pan with foil. Lightly grease.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually beat in flour alternately with milk. Stir in remaining 1 cup morsels. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Sweet Cream: Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Lift cake from pan; remove foil. Top with Sweet Cream.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.