Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake with Cranberry Topping
Holiday festive, espresso-flavored cheesecake layered with a sweet cream topping and a cranberry sauce glaze.
1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
1 tablespoon hot water
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup whipping cream
4 large eggs
Cranberry Sauce Glaze:
1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Sweet Cream Topping:
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coarsely grated semi-sweet chocolate
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a medium mixing bowl. Place mixture in a 9-inch springform pan. Press crumbs on bottom and 2-inches up sides of pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: Dissolve espresso powder in hot water; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour together in a large mixing bowl until well blended and smooth. Add the espresso, cinnamon and whipping cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined; scrape bowl occasionally. Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour or until the top appears set. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For Cranberry Sauce Glaze: Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For Sweet Cream Topping: Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake.
- Spoon cranberry sauce glaze mixture over whipped cream, spreading to within 1-inch of edges. Sprinkle chocolate on whipped cream border.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.