Chocolate Mousse Delights
These delightful chocolate cups, filled with a rich and creamy mousse, make a wonderful treat for a holiday party or special occasion.
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
8 foil muffins cups
1 (2.8-ounce) box milk chocolate mousse mix
2/3 cup milk (for preparing mousse mix)
- Melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of chocolate mixture into 1 foil muffin cup. Rotate cup gently while using spoon or spatula to coat all sides. Place in muffin pan. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture and foil cups. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Peel off foil liners. Place chocolate cups on serving dish.
- Prepare mousse mix according to steps 1 and 2 of package directions using the 2/3 cup milk. Spoon or pipe into chocolate cups.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for 1 day. Garnish as desired.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.