Chocolate Praline Tart
An elegant dessert that can be made ahead. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings for added appeal.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 2/3 cups unsalted butter - divided use
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 cups pecan halves
1/3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt; process to blend. With the motor running, gradually add 1-2/3 cup of the butter, a few tablespoons at a time. Process until dough forms a ball on top of the blades.
- Press dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and sugar; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add pecans and cream and return to a boil. Immediately pour into cooled crust. Bake until center is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
Makes 12 servings.