Creamy Pear Flan
Imagine a creamy flan with a light pear flavor served in a pool of amber-colored caramel sauce. A delightful, simple and elegant dessert.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (11.5-ounce) can Pear KERNS® from LIBBY'S All Nectar
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and golden. Quickly pour into 8 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Place nectar, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add eggs; blend until smooth. Pour into prepared cups. Divide cups between two 13x9x2-inch baking pans; fill pans with hot water to 1-inch depths.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Run small spatula around edges of cups; gently shake flans to loosen. Invert onto serving dishes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.