Dark Chocolate & Mint Ice Cream Torte
A deliciously refreshing dessert torte featuring layers of cooling mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate crumb crust and a luscious dark chocolate ganache center.
1 3/4 cups (12 whole) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 (1.5 quarts) carton Mint Chocolate Chip DREYER’S or EDY’S® Grand Ice Cream, softened
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Combine crumbs and melted butter in small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup for border. Sprinkle heaping 2/3 cup crumb mixture over bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Press down lightly. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place morsels in medium bowl. Microwave evaporated milk in 2-cup glass measure on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds or until very hot. Pour evaporated milk over morsels; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Spoon by small spoonfuls half of ice cream over base, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 2/3 cup crumb mixture over ice cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crumbs. Top with remaining chocolate crumb mixture. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spoon remaining ice cream over crumb mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture around top edge of torte. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Dip a knife or metal spatula in hot water; run around edge of pan to loosen ice cream. Remove outer ring. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.