Fluffy Banana Tarts
Miniature homemade cookie tart shells are filled with sliced bananas, melted semisweet chocolate, pistachio pudding and a garnish of chocolate-covered banana slices.
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg whites
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 (3.5-ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 cup milk
1/2 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
9 squares semisweet baking chocolate
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream until light and fluffy butter and sugar. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour, ground almonds, and almond extract.
- Spread 2 tablespoons at a time into 6-inch rounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- Grease several 2-inch diameter glasses and place the hot cookies over the glass, shaping into cups with a fluted edge. Remove carefully from the glass and set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, prepare instant pistachio pudding mix according to the package directions using milk. Fold in non-dairy whipped topping and chill.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet baking chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Slice 2 bananas and dip 8 of the slices into the chocolate; chill the banana slices until the chocolate is firm.
- Place the remaining banana slices in the tart shells. Drizzle with the remaining chocolate. Spoon the pudding mixture on top and decorate with the chocolate-covered banana slices.
Makes 8 servings.