French Peach Tartlets
Elegant peach tarts with a toasted almond crumb topping.
1 frozen pie shell dough, thawed
6 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 large egg
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup almond, chopped
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Roll out thawed pie dough and line 8 shallow 3-inch muffin cups.
- Peel and slice the peaches and arrange in the prepared tart shells.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 cup sugar. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 egg; mix well. Spoon over the peaches.
- Combine 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup toasted, chopped almonds, and 1/4 cup melted butter in a bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.