Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Parfait
Layers of extra creamy lemon pudding, crumbled gingersnap cookies and fresh blueberries make up this simple, yet elegant dessert served in glass stemware.
Variation Tip: Try using coarsely crushed shortbread cookies in place of the gingersnaps.
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant lemon pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
12 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed (about 1 cup)
1 pint fresh blueberries (2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- Prepare instant lemon pudding according to package directions, using the milk.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into prepared lemon pudding.
- In 4 or 6 individual serving glasses or a 1-quart bowl, spoon a layer of the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle lightly with cookies and a layer of blueberries.
- Repeat layers one more time, ending with the pudding.
- Refrigerate, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and blueberries, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of the recipe): 320 calories, 37.5 g carbohydrate, 18 g total fat, 10.8 g saturated fat.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.