Fresh Berries with Citrus Sauce and Fresh Mint
Much like an Eastern European fruit soup, this dish satisfies at both the beginning or end of a meal.
1/2 cup lemon juice*
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups orange juice*
1/2 cup grapefruit juice*
10 sprigs fresh mint, julienne
Mixed fresh berries
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in heavy saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat until sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reduced by half. (approximately 15 to 20 minutes)
- Add orange and grapefruit juices.
- Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Prior to serving, julienne mint and stir into sauce. Serve over mixed berries; garnish with mint sprigs and lemon and lime zests.
Makes 3 cups.
*Fresh squeezed, preferably.