Lemon Tart with Blueberries
Capture the essence of summer with this luscious lemon and blueberry tart.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
2 cups blueberries
1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. (Or use a pastry cutter as you would when preparing a pie crust.)
- Turn out into a 10-inch tart pan. Press even onto bottom and sides of pan to form a uniform crust. Bake until crust begins to appear dry, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sugar, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest in a large bowl. Pour into warm, baked tart shell. Continue baking for 20 minutes, or until filling has set. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Serve tart topped with blueberries and whipped cream.
Makes 10 servings.