Tarts filled with smooth, sweet-tart lemon curd in a buttery pastry crust.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
Pastry dough for double (9-inch) crust pie
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream 1/2 cup butter; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar; add to the creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in grated lemon peel.
- Form pastry dough into 3-inch tarts and sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Divide the filling among the tarts.
- Place the tarts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 8 servings.