This fiesta of a tart has a creamy, tequila-spiked lime filling and a nutty graham cracker crust.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Whipped cream (optional)
Fresh lime slices (optional)
- For Crust: Blend all ingredients in processor until small clumps form. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. (Can be made 1 day ahead; chill.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Filling: Stir condensed milk and next 3 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Set condensed milk mixture aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with sugar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Using rubber spatula, gently fold 1 1/2 cups condensed milk mixture into whites. Fold remaining milk mixture into whites until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake until filling puffs up slightly and wooden pick inserted into center comes out with some moist filling attached, about 40 minutes. Cool tart completely on rack.
- Chill until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Garnish tart with whipped cream and lime slices.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.