Mascarpone Mousse with Hazelnut Liqueur
Velvety smooth, melt-in-your-mouth mousse infused with a hazelnut liqueur and bits of toasted hazelnuts. Recipe by Chef Francis Roy.
1 pound Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 ounces pasteurized egg yolk product (equivalent of 3 egg yolks)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup hazelnut liqueur
6 ounces pasteurized egg white product (equivalent of 5 egg whites)
1 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
Mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat cheese, egg yolk product, sugar and liqueur until light and airy.
- In another bowl, whip egg white product until stiff.
- Gently fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
- Pour into individual ramekins or stemmed glasses. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs just before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.