Nestle® Treasure Torte Dusted with Gold
A truly eye-catching dessert that will wow your guests. This luscious chocolate torte with a hint of peanut butter is finished with a rich chocolate glaze and dusted with gold.
1 (12-ounce) package bite-size peanut butter-filled chocolates - divided use
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
10 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/8 teaspoon salt - divided use
5 large eggs, separated
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 (2-ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, chopped
1 (12.5-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
1 small container gold dust or flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Coarsely chop all but 12 Nestlé Treasures; set aside.
- Melt morsels and butter in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of gently boiling water; stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat; cool mixture for about 10 minutes or until lukewarm. Stir in sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour until thoroughly blended.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly. Gently fold in chopped Nestlé Treasures. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted about 2-inches from edges comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool completely. Invert onto rack; remove bottom of pan. While torte cools, prepare Ganache Glaze.
- For Ganache Glaze: Bring whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan; add chopped chocolate. Reduce heat to low. Stir until completely smooth. Let stand for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Invert torte onto serving platter; spread Ganache Glaze evenly over top and sides. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- To Serve, cut torte into 12 wedges. Place remaining Nestlé Treasures on top of each wedge. Drizzle serving plates with caramel topping; place torte wedge on top. Sprinkle with gold dust or gold flakes.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 670 Calories from Fat: 340 Total Fat: 38 g Saturated Fat: 21 g Cholesterol: 130 mg Sodium: 330 mg Carbohydrates: 77 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 47 g Protein: 8 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.