Summertime brings warm weather—and fragrant fresh peaches to make this delicious, old-fashioned cobbler.
4 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar - divided use
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, combine peaches and 3/4 cup of the sugar; set aside.
- Pour melted butter into a 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar; stir in milk just until combined. Pour batter over butter and top with the peaches.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.