Pecan Dainty Tarts
Dainty little cream cheese pastry tarts filled with a pecan pie filling.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter, cream cheese, and flour. Chill for 3 hours.
- Divide and fit into muffin tins forming individual crusts.
- Mix together egg, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Add chopped pecans. Divide among the tart crusts.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just browned. Cool before removing.
Makes 12 servings.