Pineapple Cheesecake 2
An easy, light-textured cheesecake pie with a simple sour cream and pineapple topping.
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large egg whites
1/8 cup evaporated milk
9 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
Pineapple Sour Cream Topping:
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup crushed pineapple chunks, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Filling: In a mixing bowl with a wire whisk, beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in egg whites, evaporated milk, and sugar; beating until smooth. Pour into a graham cracker pie crust, and bake for 35 minutes. Remove and cool.
- For Pineapple Sour Cream Topping: In a small bowl combine sour cream, sugar, and crushed pineapple chunks (drained), mixing well.
- Spread on to cooled cheesecake and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Makes 8 servings.