Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread Pudding
With sugar, spice and everything nice, this delightful autumn-flavored pumpkin butterscotch bread pudding is a dessert that’s easy to be thankful for.
1 (14-ounce) loaf cinnamon challah bread or cinnamon brioche, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
4 large eggs
2 (12-ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Low-fat 2% Milk
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar - divided use
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Spread bread cubes in single layer on rimmed baking sheets. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes or until dry.
- Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add bread; toss gently to coat. Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is thoroughly saturated (press down bread occasionally).
- Combine brown sugar with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle morsels over bread mixture; top with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes (this will allow bread pudding to set). Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 400; Calories from Fat: 100; Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV); Saturated Fat: 7g (36% of DV); Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV); Sodium: 390mg (16% of DV); Carbohydrates: 64g (21% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV); Sugars: 45g; Protein: 11g; Vitamin A: 110% of DV; Vitamin C: 0% of DV; Calcium: 25% of DV; Iron: 10% of DV.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.