Red, White & Blueberry Parfaits
Blueberries make this simple parfait a true-blue American tribute, perfect for 4th of July get-togethers. Use stemmed plasticware for an easy yet elegant presentation.
2 cups Oregon blueberries
2 cups strawberries
2 (3-ounce) packages of instant fat-free white chocolate pudding
White chocolate or non-dairy whipped topping for garnish
- Gently wash and thoroughly drain berries.
- Slice strawberries in half and set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Cover bottom of dessert glasses with Oregon Blueberries. Top with a layer of pudding. Place strawberries around glass with red sides facing out. Top with another layer of pudding, and a final layer of blueberries.
- Garnish with white chocolate shavings or whipped topping. Decorate with American flags.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using fat-free pudding): Each serving provides 203 calories, 6g protein, 1g fat, 45g carbohydrate, 39mg Vitamin C, 211mg calcium, 484mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 12% protein, 3% fat, 85% carbohydrate.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Oregon Blueberry Commission.