Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Tastes like cool, creamy strawberry cheesecake on a spoon!
4 cups milk - divided use
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, beaten
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Combine 2 cups milk, 2 cups sugar, and salt in container of an electric blender; cover and process until sugar and salt dissolve, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add eggs, and process until blended, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour milk mixture into a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Combine strawberries and brown sugar; stirring well. Set aside.
- Combine half of chilled milk mixture and cream cheese in container of electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrap down sides. Pour cream cheese mixture into freezer container of a 1-gallon hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Combine half of reserved strawberry mixture, remaining chilled milk mixture, half-and-half, vanilla, and lemon juice in container of electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add to cream cheese mixture in freezer container. Add remaining 2 cups milk, remaining strawberry mixture, and pecans; stir well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving.
Makes 3 quarts.