Strawberry and Lemon Curd Tart
A simple lemon curd tart topped with fresh strawberries glazed with red currant jelly.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
3 tablespoons cold water
3/4 cup canned lemon curd*
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup red currant jelly, heated
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle water over mixture; blend to form dough. Press dough onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom and sides of shell with tines of fork.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread curd over bottom of crust. Arrange strawberries over curd; brush with jelly. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- To serve, remove side of pan; slice tart into wedges.
Makes 8 servings.
*Or, make your own lemon curd with our favorite recipe: Lemon Curd.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.