Strawberry Angel Dessert
This delightful dessert, similar to a trifle, is a mix of angel food cake cubes, fresh strawberries, sweetened cream cheese and whipped cream topped with raspberry sauce.
1 baked angel food cake, cubed
1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Drain frozen strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- In a mixer bowl combine the reserved juice with softened cream cheese, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- In another bowl beat cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture along with the strawberries and the angel food cake cubes. Spoon into a serving dish.
- Drain frozen raspberries, reserving the juice. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup.
- In a saucepan combine the raspberries, the reserved juice, sugar, cornstarch, and raspberry jam. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over the cake mixture.
Makes 8 servings.