Strawberry Crown Trifle
A lovely trifle with layers of pound cake cubes, raspberry jelly, fresh strawberries, vanilla pudding, whipped topping and a garnish of sliced almonds.
1 store-bought or homemade pound cake
6 ounces raspberry jelly
3 (3.5-ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
5 cups milk
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 (8-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (or 3 cups sweetened whipped cream)
3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes
- Heat raspberry jelly in a saucepan.
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mixes with milk. Mix for 2 minutes.
- In a trifle bowl, or glass bowl with straight sides, alternately layer the cake cubes, the jam, sliced strawberries, and the pudding. Top with non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.