Crisp meringue cookies laced with shredded strawberries and coconut.
3 large egg whites, room temperature
1/4 cup strawberries, frozen
1/2 cup superfine or regular granulated sugar
1/4 cup premium shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium size bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Use food processor to shred frozen strawberry or cut into small pieces. Quickly fold shredded strawberries and remaining ingredients into egg whites. With a tablespoon, drop on to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or just until meringues begin to brown on top. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven for several hours or overnight to dry out.
- Serve alone or with fresh strawberries.
Makes 20 meringues.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Sugar Association, Inc.