A simple, yet elegant dessert that makes a lovely addition to a dessert buffet.
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12 wonton wrappers
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups (about 1 pound) stemmed California strawberries
6 ounces (3/4 cup) mascarpone or whipped cream cheese
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Grand Marnier or orange juice
12 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Arrange wonton wrappers on work surface. Evenly brush tops of each with butter.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon sugar mixture over each wrapper; press lightly to make sugar mixture adhere.
- Carefully transfer each wrapper to a cup of an ungreased muffin tin; press down to form a cup.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, fan strawberries by cutting 4 to 5 slices into each, cutting 3/4 of the way through. Lay strawberry on its side; press down gently to fan. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese, honey and Grand Marnier; spoon scant tablespoon into each wonton cup. Garnish with strawberries and mint, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 160 calories; 10 g fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 2 g protein.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2009 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.