Strawberry Yogurt Freeze
The simple process of freezing yogurt into cubes and whirling them in a processor with fresh strawberries and orange peel creates a delicious, spoonable frozen confection.
2 (8-ounce) containers strawberry yogurt
1 pint strawberries, washed and stemmed
1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Mix strawberry yogurt if not pre-mixed. Spoon into ice cube tray. Freeze until completely frozen, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove cubes from tray and place in bowl of electric food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add strawberries and orange peel. Process just until almost smooth.
- Serve immediately, or place in freezer and stir occasionally until firm enough to scoop, 1 to 2 hours.
Makes 6 servings.
- Strawberry-Vanilla: Substitute vanilla yogurt for the strawberry yogurt; omit orange peel.
- Strawberry-Lemon: Substitute lemon yogurt for the strawberry yogurt; omit orange peel.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.