Turtle Brownie Dessert
An irresistible chocolaty confection loaded with crunchy pecans and chewy caramel in every bite.
1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
7 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk - divided use
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup (6-ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
20 NESTLÉ® TURTLES® Candies
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, butter and 5 tablespoons evaporated milk in large bowl; stir until blended. Stir in nuts. Spread half of cake mix mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Microwave morsels and remaining evaporated milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Gently spread over cake layer. Place Turtles on cake layer; drop remaining cake mix mixture by heaping teaspoons between Turtles.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Makes 20 brownies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.