Chocolate Dunk Cookies
These festive, chocolate-dipped cookies make great holiday treats.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) package BAKER’S® Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate - divided use
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Coarsely chop 5 of the chocolate squares.
- Beat margarine, brown sugar and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate and walnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool one minute; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt remaining 3 chocolate squares in microwave as directed on package. Dip one half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place in a single layer on wax paper-covered plates. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Makes 36 cookies.
BAKER’S® is the registered trademark of Kraft Foods.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 70 | Fat 8g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 45mg | Carbohydrates 12g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 6g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.