Polynesian Pork Chops
Pork chops are sweetened up while they simmer alongside diced peaches in syrup.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 lean pork chops
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 (29-ounce) can diced peaches with heavy syrup
1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/2 cup water, or as needed
- Heat oil in the frying pan on medium heat.
- Clean and debone the pork chops. In bowl, whisk eggs and set aside. In another bowl, add flour and any additional spices if desired. Dip pork chops in egg and then flour.
- Place the coated pork chops into the frying pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes, turning as needed.
- Turn the heat to low and add the peaches and Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend to the pan on top of the pork chops. Add the water if it looks too dry.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Recipe contest submission by Pamela W. of Globe, Arizona.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 590; Calories from Fat: 240; Total Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Sodium: 85mg; Total Carbs: 48g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 30g; Protein: 34g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Fruit, 3 Medium-Fat Meats, 2 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.