Quick Glazed Pork Loin
Prepared in under an hour, this pork tenderloin is baked with a medley of vegetables in a sweet and spicy glaze.
1 pound pork tenderloin
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (14-ounce) package frozen vegetable blend
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse pork loin and pat dry. Set aside.
- Mix water, tomato paste, orange juice concentrate, chili powder, salt, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, and white vinegar in a small mixing bowl.
- Place pork loin in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Cover with half of the glaze. Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove pork loin from oven. Cover with remaining glaze. Place vegetables around pork loin. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until the vegetables are hot and the pork loin is completely cooked*.
Makes 4 servings. Serving Size: 1 (4-ounce) slice pork loin.
*Pork loin is completely cooked when poked with a fork in the thickest section of the loin and juice runs clear or meat thermometer registers 155°F (approximately 65°C. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. This allows juices to settle in the meat creating a juicier cut of meat.
Tip: Double the glaze recipe to make extra glaze for dipping or sauce.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 220; Calories from Fat: 60; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Sodium: 240mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 24g.
Exchanges per Serving: 5 Very Lean Meats, 1 Fat, 1 Starch.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.